MSC CRUISES OPENS SALES FOR 2023 WORLD CRUISE
- 53 stunning destinations across 33 countries, including an enhanced Asian offering
- Seven extended, overnight stays in iconic cities, including Sydney and Tokyo
Geneva, Switzerland (November 9, 2020) – MSC Cruises has opened sales for the MSC World Cruise 2023 featuring 53 stunning destinations in 33 countries across six continents with a focus on additional exploration in Asia. The spectacular 118-night voyage on board MSC Poesia will commence on January 5, 2023 from Genoa, Italy, beginning a 30,000 nautical mile journey that will eventually cross 24 separate time zones with other embarkation ports of Civitavecchia/Rome, Marseille and Barcelona.
Crossing the Atlantic Ocean from Europe, MSC Poesia will visit the tropical islands of the Caribbean and then sail through the Panama Canal, an unforgettable, bucket list-worthy experience for all on board. Next on the voyage of a lifetime will be the west coast of Central America with calls in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Mexico before heading to San Francisco.
The Pacific leg will feature visits to Maui, Hawaii, Samoa, Fiji, Auckland in New Zealand, Sydney, the Australian Gold Coast, Cairns and the incredible Great Barrier Reef, Papua New Guinea and the Philippines. The ship will then arrive in Japan during the beautiful cherry blossom season with calls at Kyoto and Tokyo.
Guests will further discover the sights and sounds of Asia with visits to Shanghai, Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia. Crossing the Indian Ocean to the Gulf region of the Middle East, MSC Poesia will then head home to the Mediterranean via the Suez Canal, yet another remarkable experience to behold.
2023 World Cruise Highlights
Some of the highlights of this incredible voyage around the world include:
- Puerto Limon, Costa Rica – the stunning beaches and lush rainforest are a haven for any nature lover. Here, guests will have the unique opportunity to interact with the native sloth species or discover the rich history that the second largest city in Costa Rica has to offer.
- San Francisco, USA – Guests will not want to miss a chance to get a look at the iconic Golden Gate bridge, visit the infamous penitentiary-turned-museum Alcatraz, or taste local California wines in one of the United States’ most famous cities.
- Honolulu, USA – Hawaii is renowned for its sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and looming volcanoes. On Oahu, the Hawaiian capital is home to all three of these treasures, where guests can partake in a luau or simply say ‘aloha’ to a day of sunbathing on the famous Waikiki Beach.
- Sydney, Australia – Sailing by the Sydney Opera House and towering Harbour Bridge, guests will have two days to explore the Australian capital. Whether they choose to visit the famous Taronga Zoo for a chance to see real-live kangaroos or learn to surf at Bondi Beach, this is a destination for everyone.
- Tokyo, Japan – The bright lights of Tokyo are one of six Japanese cities MSC Poesia will visit during the world tour. With a plethora of uniquely Japanese activities to experience, guests may choose between traditional tea ceremonies, observing Sumo wrestlers’ morning practice sessions and discovering the restaurant offerings that make Tokyo the most Michelin-starred city in the world.
- Shanghai, China – One of China’s most iconic cities will give guests an opportunity to immerse themselves in the Far East, visiting the Jade Buddha Temple, walking along the Bund waterfront or taking a day trip to the Zhujiajiao water town, where the historic homes and bridges will have guests feeling they’ve stepped back in time.
- Da Nang, Vietnam – Vietnam’s fifth largest city is also one of the country’s most beautiful. Guests may opt to climb the one-of-a-kind Marble Mountains, bask in the sun on My Khe Beach or discover the many stunning pagodas that the city is known for.
- Singapore – Framed by the unmistakable Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the city’s symbol, the Merlion, Singapore is a paradise for shoppers, with breath-taking malls that are as beautiful as they are well-stocked. The historical Raffles Hotel and eye-opening Gardens by the Bay make this small island a taste of the best of both worlds, modern meets classic.
- Aqaba, Jordan – This city rests on the Red Sea coast and is a haven for divers and history buffs alike. From snorkeling in the Aqaba Marine Park to Mamluk Castle and the Aqaba Archaeological Museum, this destination has something to suit everyone’s interests.
MSC Cruises previously announced the regrettable cancellation of the 2021 MSC World Cruise in connection with the continued closing of the majority of ports along its itinerary due to the health situation ashore. However, those guests who were booked to sail on this voyage are still able to experience the same itinerary on the 2023 MSC World Cruise or opt for the 2022 MSC World Cruise.
Benefits when booking:
- A dine and drink package is included for Bella and Fantastica experiences
- 15 shore excursions are included in the price
- 30% discount on laundry
- MSC Voyagers Club members will benefit from a 5% discount
To find out more about the 2023 World Cruise visit here and for the 2022 World Cruise visit here.
For more information for media visit http://www.mscpressarea.com/en_US
About MSC Poesia
Guests will travel in style and comfort on board MSC Poesia – MSC Cruises’ “poem to the beauty of the sea.” On board, guests will enter a refined world of comfort with elegant design. There's so much to delight in from the spectacular foyer waterfall to the Zen Garden, an authentic Japanese Sushi bar and opulent MSC Aurea Spa wellness center with a steam room and sauna as well as a tempting range of treatments. For the more active, there is a basketball and tennis court, shuffleboard, state-of-the-art gym and mini golf area. Plus, guests can relax in three swimming pools, four whirlpools and watch movies on the giant poolside cinema screen, to name only some of the features of MSC Poesia.