Geneva, Switzerland (March 4, 2021) – MSC Cruises revealed today details of the extensive dining offering on board MSC Virtuosa, the Company’s next flagship.
With five specialty restaurants, five main dining rooms, a 1,336-seat buffet and 21 bars and lounges, there is incredible choice for guests, offering casual or more formal settings to suit their needs. Inspired by MSC Cruises’ European roots — where a passion for food is a way of life — the enjoyment of good food plays an integral role in creating the unforgettable MSC Cruises’ experience. Guests are able to discover new cultures and tastes while on board, while also cruising to different destinations around the world.
MSC Cruises’ CEO Gianni Onorato shared, “Dining on board MSC Cruises ships is a gastronomic adventure with authentic food, globally inspired menus and culinary artistry at the heart of our offering. As a company, we are in constant pursuit of new and exceptional experiences that showcase international cuisine, taking our guests on a gourmet journey of discovery. MSC Virtuosa will feature two brand new specialty restaurants — HOLA! Tacos & Cantina and Indochine. Developed by our talented culinary team and exclusive to MSC Cruises, these new restaurants build on the success of our existing popular specialty dining concepts and allow us to further expand and enrich our dining offering with new and innovative ideas.”
HOLA! TACOS & CANTINA: LAID BACK, LATIN AMERICAN-INSPIRED DINING
This new fast-casual street food dining concept offers a selection of Latin American and Mexican-inspired dishes and drinks to be shared and enjoyed in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, open for lunch and dinner. Guests can choose from a tantalizing array of dishes ranging from blue corn tacos and nachos, authentic beef empanadas and tasty tamales through to tortilla soup or vegetarian tacos, all to be savored with a glass of agua fresca or a selection of Top 10 Tequilas and Mezcals!
A signature salsa bar offers a choice of six home-made salsas and a large selection of spicy sauces as well as a fresh guacamole station to round out the experience. Guests are able to choose between having their guacamole made for them or taking the interactive meal to the next level and making the guacamole themselves at their table. And, why not then opt for sweet-treat or pop in for a sweet snack from the all-new Mexican Ice Cream Taco bar.
INDOCHINE: A FUSION OF FINE CULINARY HERITAGES
This new original concept will offer guests Vietnamese classics with a French twist, combining two delicious culinary heritages. The menu will include a host of vegetarian and vegan dishes, as well as a multitude of tasty options that can be served family style to share amongst friends. From Green Papaya Salads to Beef Bo Buns, and French Roasted Snails to Veggie Vietnamese Crêpes, the selection offers healthy and balanced options, featuring careful combinations of sweet, sour, salty, bitter and hot flavors. In addition, the ample wine list features both New and Old-World options, to tempt even the most practiced of sommeliers, while the tropical signature selection cocktails help complete this authentic experience.
POPULAR SPECIALTY DINING CONCEPTS EXCLUSIVE TO MSC CRUISES
Returning to MSC Virtuosa are the three popular MSC Cruises specialty restaurants that guests know and love from other ships in the fleet.
- The traditional American-style steakhouse, Butcher’s Cut, celebrates the skill of a master butcher in a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere. Serving specialty cuts of meats including dry-aged tomahawk, T-bone, as well as surf and turf, cooked in an open kitchen.
- The stylish Kaito Teppanyaki restaurant offers the modern East-West cooking style of Japanese cuisine on two teppanyaki grills, where chefs delight and entertain guests with spectacular flips and tricks while preparing authentic, mouth-watering meals right before their eyes.
- The Kaito Sushi Bar offers a more intimate experience, where guests can watch their fresh sushi, sashimi and tempura being prepared by master sushi chefs for a meal seated above the bustling promenade.
EXTENSIVE BUFFET AND ELEGANT MAIN DINING
- A favorite of the dining experience is the 1,336-seat Marketplace Buffet, open from early morning until night, serving a wide variety of international dishes with open-fronted kitchens, a fresh mozzarella factory, freshly baked bread, and a fresh pasta, fruit and vegetable market. For summer 2021, the buffet will follow the same service concept as sister-ship MSC Grandiosa, with food being plated for the guests and with the seating layout to allow for social distancing.
- MSC Virtuosa will also feature five main dining restaurants serving first-class Mediterranean and international specialties in elegant surroundings. Menus change every day, and exquisite dishes have been created for the Elegant dinners. In addition, the main dining venues have all been specially designed around the theme of music.
CHOICE OF BARS AND LOUNGES FOR ALL OCCASSIONS
Rounding out the dining offering, the bar experience on MSC Virtuosa will suit all possible occasions. The ship offers a variety of unique places to enjoy a drink with family and friends, with 21 bars and lounges both indoor and outdoor.
- The Champagne Bar offers a wide selection of different champagnes accompanied by a mouth-watering array of caviar, oysters and crab to complement the experience.
- The Sky Lounge is known for its molecular cocktails in art deco inspired surroundings.
- The Masters of the Sea, an authentic British pub, offers a selection of over 40 different beers.
Also new to the ship is the immersive, futuristic MSC Starship Club featuring Rob, the first-ever humanoid, robotic bartender at sea. This immersive bar and entertainment experience includes 3D holograms, a digital art wall and a 12-seater infinity digital interactive table, giving guests the possibility to explore space with their own personalized galactic tour. Rob will mix, and serve his signature cocktails, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and countless personalized drinks, just like a human bartender would do, while engaging guests with his voice and human-like expressions for a fully immersive bar experience.
GOURMET CHOCOLATE, CREPES AND GELATO
Award-winning pastry chef and chocolatier, Chef Jean-Philippe Maury returns with his two mouth-watering concepts — Jean-Philippe Maury Café & Chocolat and Crêpes & Gelato.
- The Chocolat & Café features an open chocolaterie with fresh chocolate made on board, framed by remarkably intricate chocolate sculptures, worthy of any museum. Guests may watch the chocolate-making process with their own eyes as they enjoy the cozy atmosphere of this café and shop, while tasting an impressive array of treats.
- The Crêpes & Gelato counter is filled with tempting delicacies, all set to satisfy a sugar craving from the classic milkshakes and sorbet, to trendy green juices!
To find out more about MSC Virtuosa visit here.
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as the leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa with more market share in addition to deployed capacity than any other player. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises one of the two brands that sit within the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the leading privately held Swiss-based shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises — the contemporary brand — has a modern fleet of 18 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels. The fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025 with options for six vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships please see here.
The Company’s number one priority has always been the health and safety of its guests and crew, as well as the communities at the destinations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises implemented a new comprehensive and robust health and safety protocol to become the first major line to return to sea. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ health & safety protocol please see here.
MSC Cruises has long been committed to environmental stewardship with a long-term goal to achieve zero emissions for its operations. The Company is also a significant investor in next-generation environmental marine technologies, with the objective to support their accelerated development and availability industry wide. To learn more about the Company’s environmental commitment please see here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments please see here.