Geneva, Switzerland – MSC Cruises announced today that MSC Bellissima will extend her deployment in Saudi Arabia and the Red Sea for the winter 2021/2022 season, following a highly successful inaugural season in the region this summer.
MSC Bellissima and the itineraries in this region have proven very popular since she first commenced sailing there this July out of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and her continued deployment in the region will further enrich the cruise experience for guests looking for the ultimate winter getaway. MSC Bellissima will replace MSC Magnifica, which was previously scheduled to serve in the region this winter.
This itinerary for winter 21/22 is brand new for MSC Cruises and is the first of its kind, offering international and local guests unique opportunities to discover Saudi Arabia and Egypt by cruise ship - visiting culturally rich destinations and unspoiled beaches along with the chance to immerse themselves in the incredible history and tradition of the region.
From October 30, 2021, MSC Bellissima will offer 7-night cruises from Jeddah, calling at the ports of Ras Al Abyad, Aqaba for Petra in Jordan, Safaga for Luxor in Egypt, and then AlWajh and Yanbu, in Saudi Arabia.
MSC Bellissima is one of the newest ships in the MSC Cruises fleet, first launched in 2019, and offers guests a rich and varied onboard experience with innovative and modern facilities including:
- The MSC Yacht Club with luxurious accommodations spanning three decks, private facilities, and butler service round-the-clock
- 12 dining venues and more than 20 lounges so that guests will be spoiled for choice including the French specialty restaurant L’Atelier Bistrot, popular American style steakhouse the Butcher’s Cut as well as Kaito Teppanyaki and Kaito Sushi bar.
- Acclaimed pastry chef Jean-Philippe Maury’s Chocolate & Café is dedicated entirely to unique and elegant chocolate creations and desserts and a delight for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- An award-winning family offering with kids’ activities and services from partners LEGO and Chicco with a dedicated family deck area
- Two stunning entertainment venues – the London Theatre and the Carousel Lounge offering original theater productions and live entertainment
- A 263-foot-long LED Sky Screen encompassing a stunning 315-foot-long Mediterranean-style promenade, designed as the social hub of the ship lined with shops, bars, and restaurants
- Comfortable and innovative accommodations to meet every need demonstrating the way that MSC Cruises puts the guest at the heart of its designs and shipbuilding and with 10 different types of staterooms to choose from, there really is something for everyone.
- JEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA – Homeporting in this vibrant city that blends history and modernity, guests will have their pick of sites to visit. AlBalad, the old town of Jeddah, dates back to the 7th century, boasts beautiful buildings, an ancient souk, and a cultural melting-pot, and is one of UNESCO World Heritage sites Saudi Arabia has to offer. Jeddah is also known for its waterfront and modern shopping malls, offering entertainment and recreational activities to its visitors.
- RAS AL ABYAD, SAUDI ARABIA – known as “Coastal White Head” due to the stunning pristine white beaches. Guests can spend the day relaxing and unwinding taking in the stunning seascapes.
- YANBU, SAUDI ARABIA – This major port provides the perfect final stop on this 7-night cruise. The old town of Yanbu, located within walking distance from the port, dates back 2,500 years and offers one of the oldest souks, where traders used to come from places as far as Africa to sell their goods. The city is known as “the diving capital of Saudi Arabia”, and has become an increasingly attractive tourist destination due to its spectacular white sandy shores and lively coral reefs, offering plentiful opportunities for diving, snorkeling, and water activities in the pristine Saudi Red Sea.
- AL WAJH, SAUDI ARABIA – Framed by turquoise seas and 100 km of immaculate beaches on either side, the coastal city of AlWajh once served as one of the region’s central shipping ports. Its abandoned AlBalad old town features ancient Hejazi architecture made from Red Sea coral. It now serves as a coastal gateway to AlUla, home to Al-Hijr Archaeological Site (Madain Salih), Saudi Arabia’s cultural centerpiece and its first UNESCO World Heritage Site. Featuring more than 110 tombs carved from giant rock formations as well as ancient sites that date back to the 1st millennium BC. SAFAGA FOR LUXOR, EGYPT – A short distance up the Nile River from one of Egypt’s most spectacular destinations, the small city of Safaga is the gateway to Luxor. From the ruins of the Luxor and Karnak temples and the unforgettable Necropolis, where guests will find the Valley of Kings and the Valley of Queens, this is a destination not easily forgotten.
MSC Bellissima’s environmental features
MSC Bellissima is fitted with a large number of environmental features and innovative technology and solutions to minimize her environmental footprint. She is equipped with, amongst others: an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions; an advanced wastewater treatment system; smart heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC) to recover heat from machinery spaces; and LED lighting and smart devices to significantly save energy. This is all part of MSC Cruises' commitment to providing guests with the best holiday experiences at sea in a sustainable way.
MSC Bellissima’s deployment beyond winter 2021/22
At the end of March 2022, MSC Bellissima will leave the region and reposition to Japan for her planned cruises out of Yokohama from April 21.
The new itinerary will be available soon for booking, we kindly invite you to regularly check our website.