Geneva, Switzerland – Update regarding the collapse of the Morandi Bridge which occurred on 14 August in Genoa, Italy.
Following the tragic road incident which occurred in Genoa on 14 August, traffic in the area is expected to be severely disrupted for several months, and guests may experience traffic delays when traveling to Genoa.
Guests travelling to Genoa by their own means (car, train or plane) are requested to check the traffic flows and organize their travel accordingly. While there is no need to arrive earlier at the cruise terminal than mentioned on the e-ticket, depending on the traffic situation, additional travel time may be needed in order to reach the port of Genoa.
Guests travelling to Genoa by road:
- Please check the traffic situation in the region and adjust travelling time by car accordingly.
- Tune in via radio on 103.3 MHz FM for hourly traffic updates in English on RAI IsoRadio, or via the following website: autostrade.it.
- Strictly follow temporary road diversions or temporary traffic sign posts which may deviate you from your planned route.
Guests arriving by plane:
- Guests who booked their own transfers from the airport are requested to check with the company arranging the transfers as they may change timings.
- For Guests with a cruise package that includes flights, MSC Cruises will take care of airport transfers as planned.
Guests travelling by train:
- Please contact the railway company that issued the ticket to verify the route and timings.
- Alternatively, the Italian train schedules can be found here.
- A toll free number is available: Trenitalia 800 892 021
Useful telephone numbers and information regarding the Genoa region can be found on the following website: comune.genova.it.
While it may take a bit longer to reach the port in Genoa, there should be no impact on our ship operations, and our cruises are scheduled to take place as planned. Excursions in or around Genoa will also be taking place as planned.
All MSC Cruises ground services for embarkation and disembarkation in Genoa will be provided as planned, and timings for transfers, flights, or check-in at the port are not expected to be affected.
If the above information has not answered all your questions, please contact our contact centre.