TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR CRUISES TO THE SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
PRE-CRUISE REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. Residents
FULLY VACCINATED & CHILDREN AGES 5 YEARS OLD OR OLDER
- All guests are strongly encouraged but not required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Guests will be considered fully vaccinated if: they have received at least two doses of a vaccine - except in the case of a single dose of Johnson & Johnson - including those not considered up-to-date by EMA standards, or they have received one vaccine dose and recovered from COVID-19 (They must provide a QR code or validating documentation).
COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:
- For fully vaccinated guests, testing is recommended (within 72 hours days of embarkation) but not required (with proof of vaccination), per our vaccination requirements.
- All guests ages 5 years old or older who are unvaccinated or do not have proof of a vaccine, must show proof of a lab-administered negative COVID-19 viral test (RT-PCR or antigen) taken within 48 hours of embarkation. Children under 5 years of age are not required to submit a negative test.
- A rapid antigen self-test is not valid for travel purposes.
- All guests are recommended to travel with their COVID-19 vaccination status and test results which could be requested in various ports of call and at local attractions.
- The original test results certificate and vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID-19 test certificate must contain the guest’s data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification/contact details of the center that performed the analysis, technique used, and negative test result.
- All crew members are required to be fully vaccinated and are regularly tested according to MSC Cruises' health and safety protocols.
- Effective November 1st, 2022, Saint Maarten is no longer requiring travelers to complete the electronic health authorization system (ehas) application. There are no COVID-19 entry requirements.
- As requested by local authorities, unvaccinated or recovered guests ages 5 years old or older are requested to test 24/48 hours prior to calling in Barbados, Saint Marteen, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Tests can be conducted on board and will be charged to the guest's account.
- Embarkation in Bridgetown – Barbados: All guests, regardless of vaccination status, including those in transit must have a valid negative rapid PCR test result taken within 1 day prior to embarkation or a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. The test must be taken at an accredited lab and must be from a nasopharyngeal sample. Rapid antigen/antibody, self-administered tests, and home test kits are not accepted for travel to Barbados. Guests should upload their results via BIMSafe App or online at https://travelform.gov.bb/ and travel with a copy of their test results clearly showing the date the test was taken. For more information visit: https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there might be international travel restrictions depending on your cruise destination and your country of residence.
For all new reservations, beginning July 1, 2022, MSC Cruises strongly encourages but does not require guests to purchase travel insurance with COVID-19 protection either through MSC Cruises or another provider. Guests can purchase travel insurance within 24 hours of making their final payment.
During your cruise, you may be exposed to specific COVID-19 risks that may not be covered by existing insurance policies without COVID-19 protection such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance, and related expenses, as well as hospitalization. If you have no insurance in place, you may be exposed to additional costs that may not be covered by the company.
The insurance should be purchased to cover you and your traveling party from the confirmation date of your booking through the end of your cruise, or your cruise and flight.
A Passenger Locator Form (PLF) may be necessary for all guests before entering select countries. It is the guests' responsibility to review each country's requirements. We recommend visiting the country's official website for details.
In case we need to reach out for important updates about your cruise, please complete web check-in as soon as possible by completing web check-in.
ADDITIONAL TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
To verify all the required documents, passports, and visas for your cruise, please click here.
Please click here to check the requirements for MSC Grand Voyages cruises.
TERMINAL & EMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
FULLY VACCINATED & CHILDREN AGES 5 YEARS AND OLDER
For a seamless embarkation process, please make sure to review our health and safety protocols in place in our terminals and to bring:
- A printed copy of the embarkation form (available on your cruise ticket).
- A printed copy of the mandatory health questionnaire duly completed and signed within 6 hours before the embarkation (available in your cruise ticket).
- The original test results certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate (paper or electronic format).
- A valid identity document.
We will deny boarding in the case of:
- Symptoms include but are not limited to fever (> 99.5 F/ 37.5 C), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, and loss of taste/smell within 14 days before embarkation.
- Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days before embarkation.
- Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.
ONBOARD, ASHORE & DISEMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
ONBOARD, ASHORE & DISEMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
The wearing of face masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement in accordance with applicable health authorities regulations of a country or port of call visited. When ashore, guests must also follow any local regulations regarding face mask usage. These protocols are subject to change.
Guests will be able to go ashore independently according to local requirements which are continually monitored and subject to change. Guests who are traveling with unvaccinated children are also able to go ashore independently.
For the best ashore experience, we recommend all guests explore destinations with the comfort, convenience, and safety of an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, which is bookable pre-cruise and on board.
A COVID-19 test may be required to return home. It is the responsibility of each guest to ensure they are in compliance with any local regulations related to COVID-19 testing when returning to their final post cruise destination. In addition, a PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM (PLF) may still be necessary for national or international mobility requirement. It is every guest’s responsibility to verify these requirements before departure. For more information, it is recommended to check your country’s official requirements.