GRAND VOYAGES & MSC WORLD CRUISE: TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. RESIDENTS
FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS & CHILDREN AGES 12 YEARS OLD OR OLDER
All guests ages 12 years old or older must be fully vaccinated. Guests are considered vaccinated if they have completed a full set of vaccine shots with an approved COVID-19 vaccine including Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson, or alternatively one approved vaccine at the country of final destination. Vaccination certificates must be valid for the duration of the entire cruise.
COVID-19 TESTING REQUIREMENTS:
All guests ages 5 years old or older are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before embarkation.
The original test results certificate and vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (in paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID-19 test certificate must contain the guest’s data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification/contact details of the center that performed the analysis, technique used, and negative test result.
All crew members are required to be fully vaccinated and are regularly tested according to MSC Cruises' health and safety protocols.
For all new reservations, beginning July 1, 2022, MSC Cruises strongly encourages but does not require guests to purchase travel insurance with COVID-19 protection either through MSC Cruises or another provider. Guests can purchase travel insurance within 24 hours of making their final payment.
During your cruise, you may be exposed to specific COVID-19 risks that may not be covered by existing insurance policies without COVID-19 protection such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance, and related expenses, as well as hospitalization. If you have no insurance in place, you may be exposed to additional costs that may not be covered by the company.
The insurance should be purchased to cover you and your traveling party from the confirmation date of your booking through the end of your cruise, or your cruise and flight.
- All guests are required to travel with their COVID-19 vaccination certificates and test results which could be requested in various ports of call and at local attractions.
- A Passenger Locator Form (PLF) may be necessary for all guests before entering Italy. Click here to view and fill out the Passenger Locator Form.
- Guests traveling on itineraries with stops in Bermuda are exempt from completing a Travel Authorization form.
- In order to enter Spain, guests will also need to fill out a Health Control Form (HCF) before entering the country. Click here to view and fill out the Health Control Form.
In case we need to reach out for important updates about your cruise, please complete the web check-in as soon as possible by completing web check-in.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there might be international travel restrictions depending on your cruise destination and your country of residence.
To verify all the required documents, passports, and visas for your cruise, please click here.
TERMINAL & EMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS & CHILDREN 12 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE
For a seamless embarkation process, please make sure to review our health and safety protocols in place in our terminals and to bring:
- A printed copy of the embarkation form (available in your cruise ticket).
- A printed copy of the mandatory health questionnaire duly completed and signed within 6 hours before to the embarkation (available in your cruise ticket).
- The original COVID-19 test and vaccination certificate (paper or electronic format).
- Valid identity document.
We will deny boarding in case of:
- Symptoms include but are not limited to fever (>99.5 F/ 37.5 C), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, and loss of taste/smell within 14 days before embarkation.
- Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days before embarkation.
- Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.
ONBOARD, ASHORE & DISEMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
ON BOARD REQUIREMENTS:
The wearing of masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances, this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement by applicable health authorities’ regulations of a country or port of call visited. When ashore, guests must also follow any local regulations regarding mask usage. These protocols are subject to change.
If you become symptomatic during your cruise, you will be required to take an RT-PCR test on board (covered by MSC Cruises).
For the best ashore experience, we recommend all guests explore destinations with the comfort, convenience, and safety of an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, which is bookable pre-cruise and on board.
Guests will be able to go ashore independently according to local requirements which are continually monitored and subject to change. Guests who are traveling with unvaccinated children are also able to go ashore independently.
A COVID-19 test may be required to return home. It is the responsibility of each guest to ensure they comply with any local regulations related to COVID-19 testing when returning to their final post cruise destination. In addition, a PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM (PLF) may still be necessary for national or international mobility requirement. It is every guest’s responsibility to verify these requirements before departure. For more information, it is recommended to check your country’s official requirements.