GRAND VOYAGES & MSC WORLD CRUISE: TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. RESIDENTS
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Before booking your cruise, please click HERE to check if your country of residence is allowing guests to cruise in your selected destination. We will continue to evaluate these requirements as local public health standards evolve. Please read all of the requirements below to ensure you are not denied boarding.
FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS & CHILDREN 2 - 11 YEARS OLD
For all cruises starting from November 27, 2021 please review the following requirements to ensure that you are not denied boarding.
- IMMEDIATE ACTION AFTER MAKING A RESERVATION: The guest making the cruise booking will be required to accept the terms and conditions on behalf of and with the consent of all persons named in the booking. This can be completed by visiting web check-in.
- IMMEDIATE ACTION AFTER MAKING A RESERVATION: You must provide your health status and advise MSC Cruises if you will be vaccinated or not fully vaccinated at the time of your cruise by completing the health questionnaire.
- NEGATIVE TEST REQUIRED: All guests 2 years and older must provide documentation of a negative RT-PCR test at the pier. The test must be taken no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation and the guest is responsible for the test and cost.
- VACCINE PROOF REQUIRED: All fully vaccinated guests 12 years and older, will be asked to present their original CDC vaccination card at the pier upon embarkation. Photocopies or pictures of vaccination cards will not be accepted. Guests will be considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines (or their single dose, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) at least 14 days prior to the cruise. Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated. If you are unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccine, you will be denied boarding.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE REQUIRED: All bookings are required to purchase a Travel Protection Plan with coverage for COVID-19. If purchased from MSC Cruises, this must be purchased prior to making final payment on your booking. You must either purchase insurance through MSC Cruises or present at the pier documentation of sufficient coverage purchased from another provider, or you will be denied boarding.
- PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM REQUIRED: A Passenger Locator Form (PLF) may be necessary for all guests before entering Italy. Click here to view and fill out the Passenger Locator Form. In order to enter Spain, guests will also need to fill out a Health Control Form (HCF) before entering the country. Click here to view and fill out the Health Control Form.
- IMMEDIATE ACTION AFTER MAKING A RESERVATION: In case we need to reach out for important updates about your cruise, please complete web check-in as soon as possible by completing web check-in.
TERMINAL & EMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS & CHILDREN 2 - 11 YEARS OLD
For a seamless embarkation process, please make sure to review our Health & safety protocol below and bring the necessary documentation and items:
We will deny boarding in case of:
- Symptoms including but not limited to fever (>99.5 F/ 37.5 C), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell within 14 days prior to embarkation
- Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to embarkation
- Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.
- Failure to provide the proof of the mandatory COVID-19 insurance policy (which must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish)
ONBOARD, ASHORE & DISEMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
- MASK REQUIRED: Face masks are required for all guests when in public areas, except when seated in restaurants, bars, lounges, and when sitting on the sun deck.
- SHORE EXCURSIONS: If you wish to go ashore during your cruise, we highly recommend guests to participate in an MSC shore excursion to ensure the same high standards of health and safety ashore as on board. Select excursions will require an official COVID-19 certificate to access certain venues (i.e.. museums, churches, etc.) or to participate in an event. Please read all the details of the excursion, when making a reservation for a shore excursion.
- SYMPOTAMTIC ONBOARD: If you become symptomatic during your cruise, you will be required to take a RT-PCR test on board (covered by MSC Cruises).
- DISEMBARKATION: A COVID-19 test may be required to return home. MSC Cruises has organized the possibility for its guests to purchase and perform a molecular test (i.e. RT-PCR) or an antigen test during their cruise. Visit our FAQ for more information. In addition, a PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM (PLF) may still be necessary for national or international mobility requirement: it’s every guest’s responsibility to verify this requirement before departure. For more information, it is recommended to check your country’s official requirements.