DUBAI, ABU DHABI & QATAR CRUISES TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Guests must comply with the MSC travel requirements and their country’s official travel requirements before departure. MSC Cruises has worked with the authorities in all the regions and countries where the ships operate to ensure its protocol meets and exceeds the required health and safety measures. Requirements are subject to destination regulations.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FOOTBALL FANS IN DOHA, QATAR:
Guests who booked accommodation at the MSC Opera Cruise Ship Hotel (ship docked) are not subject to the below measures.
All guests are strongly encouraged but not required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Guests are considered “fully vaccinated” when:
- They have received at least two doses of a vaccine - except in the case of a single dose of Johnson & Johnson - including those not considered up-to-date by EMA standards.
- They have received one vaccine dose and recovered from COVID-19 (they must provide a QR code or validating documentation).
COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:
- For fully vaccinated guests, testing is recommended (within 72 hours of embarkation) but not required (with proof of vaccination), per our vaccination requirements.
- The following guests (ages 5 years old or older) must show proof of a lab-administered negative COVID-19 viral test (RT-PCR or antigen) taken within 48 hours of embarkation:
• Unvaccinated guests.
• Guests without valid proof of vaccination.
• Guests who have only recovered from COVID-19.
• Guests who have a vaccine exemption due to a medical condition.
- Children under 5 years of age are not required to submit a negative test.
- A rapid antigen self-test is not valid for travel purposes.
- The original test results certificate and vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID-19 test certificate must contain the guest’s data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification/contact details of the center that performed the analysis, technique used, and negative test result.
- All crew members are required to be fully vaccinated and are regularly tested according to MSC Cruises' health and safety protocols.
TRAVEL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS:
For all new reservations, beginning July 1, 2022, MSC Cruises strongly encourages but does not require guests to purchase travel insurance with COVID-19 protection either through MSC Cruises or another provider. Guests can purchase travel insurance within 24 hours of making their final payment.
During your cruise, you may be exposed to specific COVID-19 risks that may not be covered by existing insurance policies without COVID-19 protection such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance, and related expenses, as well as hospitalization. If you have no insurance in place, you may be exposed to additional costs that may not be covered by the company.
The insurance should be purchased to cover you and your traveling party from the confirmation date of your booking through the end of your cruise, or your cruise and flight.
OTHER TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
All guests who are residents in Iran and China (except Hong Kong and Taiwan) are not permitted to cruise until December 31, 2022.
To verify all the required documents, passports, and visas for your cruise, please click here.
Please click here to check the requirements for MSC Grand Voyages cruises.
The wearing of masks is highly recommended. In certain circumstances, this recommendation might be due to a mandatory requirement by applicable health authorities’ regulations of a country or port of call visited. When ashore, guests must also follow any local regulations regarding mask usage. These protocols are subject to change.
Guests’ passports need to have a minimum of 6 months of validity at the time of travel.
Guests can go ashore independently according to local requirements which are continually monitored and subject to change. Guests who are traveling with unvaccinated children are also able to go ashore independently. For the best ashore experience, we recommend all guests explore destinations with the comfort, convenience, and safety of an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, which is bookable pre-cruise and on board.
In addition, a PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM (PLF) may still be necessary for national or international mobility requirements: it’s every guest’s responsibility to verify this requirement before departure. For more information, it is recommended to check your country’s official requirements.