HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
MSC Cruises' top priority continues to be the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities that our ships visit.
Our industry-leading health and safety protocols were first introduced in summer 2020 and demonstrated our unwavering commitment to the wellbeing of our guests and crew and has since set the standard in the travel industry.
The detailed knowledge we have gained from hosting over one million guests who have enjoyed a relaxing and — above all else — safe vacation at sea, has enabled us to evolve our health & safety protocols.
Our ability to rapidly adapt and evolve while continuing to offer the highest level of preventative health measures, makes cruising with MSC one of the safest vacation options.
CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCEPutting The Health And Safety Of Our Guests And Crew First
(For Cruises Departing From U.S. Ports)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS BY COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE AND CRUISE DESTINATION
For ships departing from U.S. ports, wearing masks and social distancing onboard are optional for fully vaccinated guests and recommended but not required for unvaccinated children.
Masks are optional unless required by local regulation in our terminals. Guests must follow all local mask regulations at public ports of call. Protocols are subject to change.
The exact protocols for Winter 2022/23 Red Sea & Saudia Arabia, South America, and South Africa itineraries are subject to change and will adapt according to the evolution of the pandemic and local requirements. Information will be updated on a regular basis when available.
PLEASE SELECT YOUR CRUISE DESTINATION BELOW TO VIEW THE LATEST TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Your Cruise Experience
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
- Self-service at the buffet restaurant is available.
- For a contactless experience, you can access restaurant and bar menus from your personal mobile device by conveniently scanning a QR code.
GUESTS SERVICES AND CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY
- Download our app MSC For Me (or use our interactive touchscreens and in-stateroom smart TV onboard) to easily find information while avoiding queues*
- Remote desks will be available on embarkation day for in-person questions
- You should always call before going to any desk for information
- Cashless payments will be highly recommended
*MSC for Me digital channels (mobile app, in-stateroom smart TV, interactive touchscreens) is available on MSC Meraviglia, MSC Bellissima, MSC Grandiosa, MSC Seaview, MSC Seaside, MSC Splendida, MSC Virtuosa and MSC Seashore and MSC Magnifica (limited version).
- To go ashore during your cruise, we highly recommend you participate in one of our MSC shore excursions to ensure the same high standards of health and safety ashore as on board
- Visit our Shore Excursion FAQ section for more information
ELEVATED STANDARDS OF CLEANLINESS
- New cleaning methods including the use of hospital-grade disinfectants, electrostatic sprayers, increased cleaning frequency and a focus on high-traffic, frequently-touched areas
- Staterooms cleaned daily, with additional deep sanitation at the end of each cruise
- 100% fresh, external air supplied to all staterooms and public spaces, with no re-circulation
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available around the ship
- Are there any travel restrictions or travel requirements based on destination?
Before booking your cruise, please check HERE if you are allowed to embark according to your country of residence. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there might be international travel restrictions depending on your cruise destination and your country of residence.
In addition, travel requirements might be different according to your cruise destination. Please select your destination below.
TRAVEL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Is travel insurance required in order to cruise?
For U.S. and Puerto Rico residents departing on cruises from a U.S. port:
MSC Cruises encourages but does not require guests to purchase travel insurance either through MSC Cruises or another provider. Guests can purchase travel insurance within 24 hours of making their final payment.
MSC Cruises provides COVID-19 assistance at no extra charge for U.S. and Puerto Rico residents who are fully vaccinated. Children under the required vaccination age based on the dates above, regardless of vaccination status, traveling with fully vaccinated parents/guardians (with proof of vaccination) also benefit from this assistance.
If you test positive for COVID-19 within 14-days prior to your cruise, you and your traveling party will receive a full refund.
If you test positive for COVID-19 at the terminal, you and your traveling party will receive a full refund and assistance, if required, with land-based quarantine.
If you test positive for COVID-19 during your cruise, you and your traveling party will receive a pro-rated refund and assistance, if required, with onboard medical care and land-based quarantine.
For U.S. and Puerto Rico residents departing on cruises from a non-U.S. port and non-U.S. residents departing on cruises from U.S. and international ports:
For all new reservations, beginning July 1, 2022, MSC Cruises strongly encourages but does not require guests to purchase travel insurance with COVID-19 protection either through MSC Cruises or another provider. Guests can purchase travel insurance within 24 hours of making their final payment.
During your cruise, you may be exposed to specific COVID-19 risks that may not be covered by existing insurance policies without COVID-19 protection such as cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance, and related expenses, as well as hospitalization. If you have no insurance in place, you may be exposed to additional costs that may not be covered by the company.
The insurance should be purchased to cover you and your traveling party from the confirmation date of your booking through the end of your cruise and flight or your Stay & Cruise package.
EMBARKATION / DISEMBARKATION
- What will happen if embarkation is denied to a guest for health reasons?
If a guest is then not considered fit to travel, they will be assisted in their next steps of a return home or will be potentially being treated in a local medical facility to ensure maximum support and care. . All guests who have purchased travel insurance with COVID-19 protection will be fully protected.
- What safety protocols will be implemented on transfers and shuttles?
We are extending our enhanced health and hygiene measures to all MSC transfers, including:
- Cleaning and sanitization of all vehicles before any new group of guests
- Availability of hand sanitization stations and disinfectant mats for footwear
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all drivers
- Reduced number of guests with selected seats empty to ensure social distancing
ONBOARD MEDICAL SERVICES
- What happens if there is a suspected case of COVID-19 on board?
- Have you agreed with specific ports that they will welcome your ships that have positive cases on board for medical assistance ashore?
DINE & DRINK
- Will the self-service at buffet be available?
ENTERTAINMENT, SERVICES & EXCURSIONS
- Will guests still be able to enjoy the theater shows and other activities?
- Will the Kids Club be open and what kind of kids’ activities will be available?
New measures include reduced capacity, a streamlined registration process, contactless temperature check and hand sanitizer provided upon entry. We're adding new exciting activities and family game shows that will be available for booking up to one day in advance. Toys and water will be provided by our staff, while we'll keep out personal belongings as an additional safety measure.
Onboard services are subject to changes based on local regulations or other restrictions, in the context of the COVID-19 situation.
- Will you still have Spa and Fitness services available to guests?
For their health and comfort, guests will pre-book spa treatments, fitness sessions and thermal area visits by phone.
Fitness machines and equipment, spa areas and treatment rooms will be thoroughly sanitized after each use as well as deep-cleaned and disinfected every night.
All Spa staff have been trained on rigorous health and sanitation measures and will wear appropriate protective equipment.
Book now your spa services today.
*Due to the increased Health & Safety measures in order to grant a safe cruise for all our guests, all Thermal Area experiences are by appointment only.
- Will there be any restrictions to visit some ports?
Guests will be able to go ashore independently according to local requirements which are continually monitored and subject to change. Guests who are traveling with unvaccinated children are also able to go ashore independently. For the best ashore experience, we recommend all guests explore destinations with the comfort, convenience, and safety of an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, bookable pre-cruise and on board.
MSC Cruises offers a large variety of shore excursions. More information about the tours is available here.