Cruises departing from Venice, Italy from July 24, 2021 onward:
In view of the latest decision taken by the Italian Government, please note from July 24, 2021 all Health & Safety checks (including health screening, temperature measurement and the antigen swab test) and check-in procedures (including luggage delivery), will regularly be held in Venice Maritime Station (Cruise Terminal), as per original travel program; all embarking guests will then be transferred by protected bus to Monfalcone (90 min transfer), where they will board the ship after a quick document check. No Health & Safety checks and check-in will be possible in Monfalcone. At disembarkation in Monfalcone at the end of the cruise, guests will be granted the return transfer to Venice (Cruise Terminal/Airport/Railway Station, as per original travel program).
Embarkation begins at the check-in time shown on your cruise ticket. Check-in closes 2 hours before the ship is due to depart in all embarkation ports. Before arriving at the port, please ensure that all personal details shown on the embarkation form in your e-ticket are checked and correct. You will be required to show your embarkation form before boarding.
Take a look at the video below and find out our tips about check-in, packing and boarding procedures.
At the terminal
1. Deliver your luggage to the designated staff, who will then have it sent directly to your cabin. All bags must be labelled beforehand with your name and surname, the name of the ship, the cabin number and the date and port of departure.
2. Go to the embarkation area with all personal travel documents required for the cruise, and show staff the embarkation form on your cruise ticket or via the MSC for Me app (if available). Collect your Cruise Card and MSC wrist band (if available). Guests of the MSC Yacht Club will find an exclusive Check-In area and will be assisted with their luggage by the butler team at the terminal, who will escort them to the dedicated line for priority Check-In. On request, the butler will also unpack guests’ suitcases.
3. Proceed to the security control. Please note that staff may search you and/or your luggage and confiscate any articles that could represent a safety risk.
4. Board the ship where staff will take your security picture, if you have not already done so via the MSC for Me app or web check-in (if available). Then proceed to your cabin.
5. Go to your cabin. Your Cruise card will serve as your cabin key, this magnetic card can also be used to pay for products and services onboard. For MSC Yacht Club Guests, it is also used to access the MSC Yacht Club area. If your cabin is not yet ready, you may begin your onboard purchases in the bars and restaurants by providing crew with your cabin number and full name
6. Activate your Cruise Card for onboard purchases. (See the Onboard Payment section below for further information on how to do this.)
7. Take part in the obligatory safety drill.
8. Don’t miss the MSC Cruise Guide, an important presentation where we will tell you all you need to know in order to live your cruise to the full. The embarkation process might differ for MSC Seaside and MSC Divina.