OCEAN CAY MSC MARINE RESERVE
What is Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve?
When did Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve open?
Where does the ship dock? How can I reach the island?
Is there an information center?
Is this island big? Will I have to walk long distances to visit places?
Are drones allowed on the island?
Will my Cruise Card work on the island
If I want to reach my cabin, can I come back to the ship at any time?
Are towels available at Ocean Cay, or do guests need to bring them off the ship?
BEACHES AND WATER SPORTS
What are the beaches on Ocean Cay?
Bimini Beach - Located furthest from the port, this may be your opportunity for seclusion and relaxation with endless ocean views.
North Beach - Situated perfectly in the lagoon, just across the way from South Beach, this beach offers shallow water, multiple water activities and is the largest beach on the island.
South Beach - Neighbor to North Beach, this beach offers open space for swimming, water activities and more.
Ocean House Beach - Exclusive only for MSC Yacht Club guests, this beach offers an upscale experience with complimentary private amenities including a restaurant and bar, butler service and more. Beachfront or Ocean View cabanas are available to rent.
Lighthouse Bay Beach - Home to the 100 ft. tall lighthouse, this beach offers lively entertainment day and night and is the closest beach to the ship. Here you can enjoy cozy seating areas with bean bag chairs and fire pits.
Sunset Beach - Extending over a half mile long, this is the longest stretch of beach on the island. This beach is fantastic for swimming, and in the evenings, enjoy a romantic picnic with a stunning sunset.
Paradise Sands Beach - Next to The Spa at Ocean Cay, this quiet stretch of sand is dedicated to zen lovers, offering peace, tranquility, and easy access to a massage on the beach.
Are lounge chairs, umbrellas, cabanas and beach towels available on the island?
Can I rent water-sport equipment?
FOOD AND DRINK
Will food be available on the island?
Yes, the island has a complimentary Seakers buffet food court, five food trucks (four complimentary and one with food items available for purchase) as well as an ice cream parlor.
- Seakers Food Court: A traditional barbecue buffet, serving Caribbean and American classics from burgers to salads and an array of kid-friendly and grab-and-go choices.
- Beach Shack Food Trucks: Conveniently located throughout the island, here you’ll find hamburgers and hotdogs with the lagoon South Beach food truck specializing in upscale lobster rolls and crab ceviche salads amongst other choices available for purchase.
Where can I get beverages and ice cream on the island?
- Spread across the island, we have ten bars at your hand for our thirsty guests. Two of our signature beach bars include:
- Springer’s Marina Bar: An authentic Bahamian bar with a laid-back atmosphere.
- Lighthouse Bar: This Hemingway-style cocktail bar offers an ample selection of rums, spirits and delicious cocktails, all served with incredible views of pristine water and white sand beaches.
- The Smiling Fish: Located in the Ocean Village, this venue offers many kinds of ice cream, from classics to more innovative flavors with a Bahamian twist. In addition, the bar offers freshly brewed whole bean and ground coffee, espresso and cappuccino for an energetic start to the day on Ocean Cay or a quick boost throughout the day.
Will restaurants and bars be open on the ship while the ship is at Ocean Cay?
The ship's buffet will be open at select times, with most specialty restaurants closed during the day*. Some bars will also remain open onboard.
*Hours may vary based on the ship.
Does the onboard Beverage Package include drinks on Ocean Cay?
Please note: Select alcoholic beverages will be available for the Premium packages.
MSC Yacht Club guests have complimentary beverages included with their experience and these are served at the dedicated MSC Yacht Club area and beach, as well as the Ocean House Bar & Restaurant.
Will the island accommodate dietary needs?
ENTERTAINMENT AND SHOPPING
What family-friendly activities are available on Ocean Cay?
Will there be a Kids Club on the island? Do you offer babysitting?
What entertainment is available on the island?
Is shopping available on the island?
Yes, indulge in authentic Bahamian artwork and items, MSC logo apparel and more. Shops available on Ocean Cay include:
- My Ocean Bahamian artwork.
- Ocean Cay Trading Post & Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve Logo Shop: Share a piece of paradise with your friends and family. A wide selection of Ocean Cay souvenirs and gifts for both adults and children, ranging from T-shirts, caps, beach items, towels and accessories will be available for purchase. You will also find beach essentials like reef-safe sunscreen lotions and lip balms that are biodegradable and eco-friendly for the coral reef. Your cruise card will be accepted here.
Will the island offer special activities for MSC Voyagers Club members?
PACKAGES AND EXCURSIONS
Is Wi-Fi available on the island?
How can I book excursions?
Excursions can be booked in any of the following ways:
- Prior to the cruise via the MSC website
- On board the ship, either at the Excursions’ Desk or via the MSC for Me app (where available)
- At the Welcome Centre or Excursion pavilion located at the Ocean Village welcome area directly as you enter Ocean Cay
Should I wait to book an excursion once I’m onboard or on the island?
We highly recommend you book your excursion in advance. This guarantees you will be able to participate in the excursion, as well as saving you up to 20%. Prices shown online are already discounted.
Click here to see a list of available excursions.
Which ships visit Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve?
Is the ship accessible at any time while docked at the island?
THE SPA AT OCEAN CAY
Will there be a spa on the island?
Can I get a massage on the beach?
What products are used in the spa?
If I book the Aurea Experience, can I get the massage on the island?
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Is there a medical facility on the island?
Is there security on the island?
What does MSC Cruises do with the trash on the island?
MSC Cruises is dedicated to protecting the environment. The waste on the island (plastics, metals, glass, vegetation, and wet waste) is sorted, compacted, and recycled via sending back on the ships to the US or dedicated barges to Nassau, Bahamas – all handled in environmentally friendly way.
We are also continuously working to improve our systems on the island to stay eco-friendly.
Will Ocean Cay be accessible for guests with special needs?
Yes, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve is completely ADA compliant. Beach wheelchairs will be available on the island and waiting for guests at the pier upon disembarkation (upon request).
Service animals must be approved by MSC and accompanied by a permit from the Bahamian Department of Agriculture.