Former Major League Baseball Players Featured on Select 2010-2011 Caribbean Cruises
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (June 23, 2010) – Fans looking to stretch the baseball season into the winter months can enjoy the warmth of the Caribbean with some of their favorite former Major League Baseball stars with MSC’s “Baseball Greats” cruises onboard the MSC Poesia.
Interact with former Major Leaguers who played and were stars on several recognizable teams. “Baseball Greats” cruises offer free guest/player activities including a player-hosted trivia game, a question-and-answer session, a guest pitching contest, and a lively story-telling session. Baseball players host pitching, hitting, fielding, and base running clinics. One of the most popular aspects of the experience includes a free autograph session.
These Caribbean cruises are roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and feature the following itineraries and former Major League Baseball players:
• 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on November 14 with Indians’ Hall-of-Famer Bob Feller, Tommy Davis (Dodgers’ two-time batting champion), Glenn Beckert (Cubs’ All-Star, Gold Glove second-baseman), Clarence Jones (player and hitting coach for 20 years with the Braves and Indians) and Stan Bahnsen (a star pitcher for the Yankees).
• 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on December 5 with Graig Nettles (All-Star, Gold Glove third-baseman for the Yankees), Amos Otis (All-Star, Gold Glove center-fielder for the KC Royals), Dave Campbell (infielder for the Tigers and Padres, and award-winning broadcaster for ESPN), Stan Bahnsen, and one more (to be named);
• 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on January 9 with Andre Dawson (Cubs & Expos 2010 Hall-of-Fame inductee), Greg Luzinski (All-Star slugger for the Phillies and White Sox), Art Shamsky (outfielder and first-baseman for the 1969 “Miracle Mets”), Pete Mackanin (infielder for the Rangers and Expos, manager for the Pirates and Reds, and current bench coach for the Philadelphia Phillies), and Stan Bahnsen;
• 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on January 23 with Rick Burleson (Angels and Red Sox All-Star shortstop and appeared in the 1975 Red Sox versus Reds World Series), Rick Wise (No-hitter with the Phillies; and with the Red Sox, was the winning pitcher in game six of the 1975 World Series), Jim Fregosi (All-Star shortstop and managed the Phillies to the 1983 World Series), Stan Bahnsen, and one more (to be named).
• 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on February 6 with Randy Hundley (the Cubs All-Star, Gold Glove catcher), Roland Hemond (Baseball guru and two-time MLB General Manager of the year in 1972 with the White Sox and 1989 with the Orioles), Stan Bahnsen, and two players (to be named) Caribbean cruise-only rates begin at $529 per person, double occupancy (government fees/taxes additional).
For more information about MSC Cruises, visit us online at www.msccruisesusa.com, call 877-665-4655, or contact a local travel professional.
About MSC Cruises:
MSC Cruises is the fastest-growing cruise line in the world with the youngest fleet of 11 ships: MSC Magnifica, MSC Splendida and MSC Fantasia, MSC Poesia, MSC Orchestra, MSC Musica, MSC Sinfonia, MSC Armonia, MSC Opera, MSC Lirica and MSC Melody. The fleet cruises year round in the Mediterranean and seasonally in Northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean, US and Canada, (Fall 2010), South America, the Indian Ocean, and South and West Africa. MSC Cruises recently forged a three-year, million-dollar partnership with UNICEF to fund a community project in Brazil while increasing awareness of this cause onboard its ships.